In 1938, the "Tianxiang Heji Iron Works" was established by a joint venture of seven shareholders. Became the first national capital pharmaceutical machinery company in China.
In 1957, the company's public-private partnership was renamed "Shanghai Tianxiang Machine Factory"
"Shanghai Dongfanghong Pharmaceutical Machinery Factory" during the Cultural Revolution of 1966
In 1969 it was renamed "Shanghai First Pharmaceutical Machinery Factory".
In February 1992, it established a joint venture with Singapore to establish "Shanghai Tianxiang Jiantai Pharmaceutical Machinery Co., Ltd.". Total investment of USD 9.58 million